The Road to Wall Street program provides a unique opportunity for Rutgers undergraduate students to build skills and competencies that allow them to succeed in the highly competitive world of finance. Students in the program benefit from workshops, mentorship, and networking opportunities, all of which has prepared them to secure internships and job offers that are traditionally harder to obtain for students in non-Ivy League schools.
In 2018, 95 percent of Road to Wall Street participants were offered internships in their junior year or full-time positions on Wall Street after graduation at top financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs, Citi, and Prudential. The benefits of this program are far-reaching, and we need the help of our alumni and corporate partners to continue supporting the success of our students.
Rutgers Business School has set ambitious goals for Road to Wall Street’s growth and seeks endowed funding to fuel its ascent as the nation’s premier business alumni placement program.
GOAL # 1
Double student participation while increasing diversity. Endowed funding will enable the program to accept:
- 65 students for 2019-2020
- 80 students for 2020-2021
- 100 students for 2021-2022
GOAL # 2
Maintain a 95 percent or higher placement rate for internships and post-graduation jobs through:
- the installation of additional Bloomberg terminals;
- the purchase licenses for Capital IQ and other key market data products;
- greater focus on developing soft skills and providing leadership-style assessments; and
- an established emergency fund to provide short-term aid for students in need of interview apparel and transportation.
GOAL # 3
Create a strong alumni network culture on Wall Street through partnerships with our alumni and non-alumni leaders. Efforts will include:
- raising awareness of Road to Wall Street among successful Rutgers alumni
- strengthening the connection with current program members
- sustaining outreach with past members.
Invitation to Invest
Rutgers seeks endowed funding totaling $10 million to enable Road to Wall Street to compete with Ivy League schools. Invest $25,000 or more over five years, and you will join the Road to Wall Street Circle of Investors. In recognition of your generosity, you will receive benefits that include student mentoring and guest lecturing opportunities, invitations to events, exclusive gifts, and naming opportunities. Your investment will ensure that Road to Wall Street can prepare more Rutgers students to be tomorrow’s leaders of the finance industry.
To find out how you can invest, contact the Office of Development and Alumni & Corporate Relations.