Life sciences professionals, whether they spend their day-to-day in the lab or behind a desk, need to maintain excellence in their own expertise as well as understand the role they play in their organization’s overall business and operational environments. Definitions of success are shifting, impacted by scientific advancement, ongoing regulatory developments, and the globalization of supply and distribution.
The Mini-MBA in BioPharma Innovation teaches life sciences experts key business management theory and methodology that will broaden their perspective. This course provides a better understanding of how biopharma companies plan for, and profit from, constant innovation.
- Learn how to bridge the space between scientific success and corporate goals from industry experts with real-world experience.
- Gain industry-wide perspective on how these concepts impact different organizations; yet receive practical application beyond theoretical study. Enjoy interactive learning that encourages doing, not just listening.
- Learn in a rigorous university environment and earn a program certificate as well as academic credits that can be applied toward future education goals.
- Speak with confidence about business strategy outside the lab. At the same time, those who are not scientists will have a better appreciation of the broad landscape of this industry that includes pharmaceuticals, medical devices and other biotechnology.
- Master the language of business management in order to more effectively communicate to non-clinicians across the organization. Expand your contributions beyond R&D of the business to analysis of strategy and ROI.
- Become a valued participant in cross-functional projects and strategic teams, which will broaden your network and diversify your career opportunities.
Assistant Professor of Professional Practice
Mr. Branning is President of Managed Market Resources (MMR), a healthcare consulting and medical communications company, offering the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry innovative solutions for the complex healthcare market, responsible for strategic consulting, new product development, business development, and executing Managed Market Resources strategic plan.
Previously, Mr. Branning was Executive...
The Mini-MBA in BioPharma Innovation program is an excellent fit for those with considerable experience or advanced degrees in the traditional sciences, and the intellectual curiosity and professional ambition to acquire complementary business management skills.
Those coming from outside of life sciences, or within life sciences but outside of the laboratory, will find this a unique opportunity to learn key business concepts and understand how life sciences companies endeavor to merge excellent science with effective business practices.
Featuring 10 modules (each covered in 3.5 hours), this program empowers biotechnology and pharmaceutical professionals to use business strategies and methods to complement achievement in scientific study, with multidisciplinary contributions and thought leadership.
- Modeling the Return in Investment in Research and Development. Learn the financial models and methods that corporate decision makers apply, including discounted cash flow models, net present value, and internal rates of return.
- Strategic Alliances and Acquisitions. Analyze the role of partnering and mergers from a strategic perspective, including the financial and managerial challenges incumbent in the uncertainties specific to drug and biotech discovery and development.
- Innovation in the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Industries. Learn how the psychology of decision-making, organizational structure, and corporate culture influence stakeholders’ decisions, and its impact on R&D funding.