In today’s fast-paced, globally integrated world, generic strategies and traditional approaches are not working anymore. Decision makers need empirically-supported, action-driven insights to generate sustainable competitive advantages.
The Rutgers Center for Market Advantage (CMA) enables its members to uncover new insights, extract wisdom from data, and implement proven competitive strategies.
The mission of CMA is to facilitate ongoing interaction between business leaders, academic researchers, as well as governmental and nongovernmental stakeholders to promote the discovery and dissemination of strategies that create a sustainable market advantage.
CMA will contribute to the competitiveness of its member organizations, facilitate value co-creation by and for stakeholders, encourage global trade and economic development, and generate a repository of the state-of-the-art knowledge.
CMA aims to be the leading interdisciplinary hub of knowledge generation and dissemination with respect to market strategies and best practices to co-create value and establish a market advantage in an increasingly turbulent global environment.
Set and publicize research priorities regarding market strategies that drive market advantage
- A biennial survey of decision makers will be conducted, and research priorities will be identified and publicized, under the supervision of the CMA Executive Board.
Foster academic research in the domain
- Develop relevant indicators and databases to empower market advantage strategies
- Provide grants to researchers interested in pursuing research in line with the mission and the research priorities of CMA
- Periodic roundtables to provide insight into pressing questions
- Early access to research results from CMA-funded projects for center members in advance of their publication and general distribution
- Development and publication of periodic newsletters and topical white papers
- Members-only executive seminars, workshops, and networking events
- Web portal to serve all companies and managers interested in market strategies
- Training and certificate programs to provide attendees with state-of-the-art understanding of strategies that lead to market advantage
- Publication of high level findings in academic journals by CMA supported researchers
Global Business Hub
- The center will act as a hub connecting and facilitating international business partnerships for market advantage.
Professor, Vice Dean for Academic Programs and Learning Assurance, and Co-Editor-in-Chief of Rutgers Business Review
Shen Yeniyurt is Professor and Vice Dean for Academic Programs and Learning Assurance at Rutgers Business School. He is also the Co-Editor-in-Chief of Rutgers Business Review (RBR). Professor Shen Yeniyurt was the Chair of the Marketing Department from 2020 to 2022. He is the founding Co-Editor-in-Chief of Rutgers Business Review...
Can (John) Uslay
Professor I and Vice Dean for Innovation and Strategic Partnerships
Can Uslay (MBA and Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology) is Vice Dean for Innovation and Strategic Partnerships for Rutgers Business School at Newark and New Brunswick and oversees new, nascent, and international programs and their development; research, program-based, and outreach-focused centers; and student engagement and development programs.
His research interests...
For additional information about the Center for Market Advantage, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.