Rutgers Road to Consulting (RTC) is an exclusive two-year pipeline program that targets rising sophomores and juniors through case competitions, workshops, speaker events, and experiential learning to foster successful and thriving careers within consulting. As a participant in this program, you can develop soft skills and knowledge in case interviews through the rigorous hands-on curriculum that provides real-world experiences. You are also given exclusive networking opportunities to permeate the consulting field through connections and industry expertise.
Over the past year, RTC has had a successful Cohort, with many members landing internships at Deloitte, Citi, PwC, Johnson & Johnson, and more. We have partnered with companies such as Accenture and L'Oréal to provide case competitions that further develop our students' consulting capabilities. In addition, we have diverse and qualified speakers with a developed mentorship program, partnering students with talented professionals.
RTC's primary focus is fostering our cohorts to pursue internships at top firms like the Big 4, Big 3, and elite boutique consulting firms. The outcome: well-rounded candidates with all the necessary skills and experiences to succeed within the field.
Students who participate in the Rutgers Road to Consulting program experience these benefits.
Build Relevant Skills
- Case Competitions
- L’Oreal x RTC
- Accenture x RTC
- Client Projects and Experiential Learning
Prepare for Interviews
- Case Prep Materials
- Mock Interviews
- Management Consulting Course
Networking and Mentorship
- 1-on-1 Student and Alumni Mentorship Match
- Networking Events
- Exclusive Company Workshops
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the goal of Rutgers Road to Consulting?
Rutgers Road to Consulting’s (RTC) goal is to place students in full-time roles at top management consulting firms around the globe.
What is RTC looking for in a candidate?
Relevant experiences that support a strong interest in consulting.
Who can apply?
Any student from Rutgers New Brunswick and Rutgers Newark can apply as long as they are incoming sophomores/juniors. All majors and backgrounds are welcome.
How can I best prepare for RTC?
- Build your resume with relevant experience, team experience, and problem-solving experience.
- Get involved with Rutgers Consulting Group which is the official interest group for Road to Consulting.
- Practice casing and networking with members of previous cohorts.
What do I need to know about consulting?
- Consulting is an umbrella of career opportunities
- The types of consulting that interest you the most
- People who work in consulting can specialize across many industries and capabilities
Cohort Internship Companies 2022
Contact us with questions about the program.