Rutgers Business School- Newark is now offering the Bachelor of Science in Marketing fully online. This fully AACSB accredited program is intentionally created to address the need for a larger talent pool of marketing experts. Students must take at least 18 major credits beyond the school core, including 9 credits of the required courses and at least 9 credits of electives.
This major helps students to develop skills that enable them to function in many different marketing roles while working closely and effectively with other business functions. The program provides high-quality education for marketing majors at an affordable expense and allows students to access the exciting job market in the NY, NJ, and CT tri-state area. With courses ranging from traditional marketing analytics and research to the new rules of digital marketing and consumer behavior, students leave the program with a solid foundation in marketing.
Marketing students are prepared for positions such as copywriters, media directors, account executives, marketing researchers, product development managers, public relations managers, and more. They land jobs in some of the biggest marketing agencies in the world, and in large corporations that have in-house marketing departments. They work with sales departments, creative, and even IT when working in online marketing. From creative advertising work to quantitative market research, marketing majors help manage a brand and sell products and services. A marketing background can also train a person to operate his or her own business.
Rutgers Business School students graduate from the marketing program with a strong business foundation and are well prepared to enter the job market.
- Advertising Account Executive
- Development Officer
- Insurance Agent Promotion
- Market Research Analyst
- Media Planner
- Public Relations Director
A NOTE ON TUITION AND FEES
Please note that the tuition for the Online Marketing Program located on this University Site can be found by looking at the Rutgers University-Newark tab and selecting the “Undergraduate Tuition & Fees Rates.” The Online Marketing Program does NOT currently fall into the category of “Fully Online” programs listed on the tuition site.
Path to RBS Bachelor degree:
- Completed AA or AS degree from an NJCC [New Jersey County College] with 60-65 transferable credits and a GPA of 3.0+.
- Completion of all major eligibility courses; English Composition I and II, Intro to Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Statistics, and Applied Calculus or Calculus I.
- Completion of 3 business core courses-Management Information System, Intro to Management, and Intro to Marketing.
Students entering this program will be required to have completed:
- Associate's degree which satisfies the general core curriculum for Rutgers-Newark
- All Business Pre-eligibility courses:
- 29:010:203 Financial Accounting
- 29:010:204 Managerial Accounting
- 21:220:101 Micro-Economics
- 21:220:102 Macro-Economics
- 29:623:220 MIS
- 21:220:203 Statistics or 21:640:211 Statistics I*
- 21:640:119 Applied Calculus or 21:640:135 Calculus I*
- 21:355:101 English Composition I
- 21:355:102 English Composition II
- The following Business core courses:
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Marketing
*Most NJCC business programs require all the above courses (with the exception of Calculus and Statistics)
Online Marketing Courses
Required Courses (9 credits)
- 29:630:374 Consumer Behavior (3 Credits)
- 29:630:385 Marketing Research (3 Credits)
- 29:630:452 Marketing Strategy (3 Credits)
Electives (9 credits)
- 29:630:363 Advertising (3 Credits)
- 29:630:368 Retail Marketing (3 Credits)
- 29:630:369 New Product Planning (3 Credits)
- 29:630:370 Business-to-Business Marketing (3 Credits)
- 29:630:371 International Marketing (3 Credits)
- 29:630:372 Services Marketing (3 Credits)
- 29:630:401 Sales Management (3 Credits)
- 29:630:475 The Branding of Fashion & Other Creative Pursuits (3 Credits)
- 29:630:486 Independent Study in Marketing* AR
- 29:630:428 Marketing and Society (3 Credits)
- 29:630:495 Marketing Cooperative Education (6 Credits)
- 29:630:497 Special Topics (3 Credits)
- 29:630:498 Brand Management (3 Credits)