Rutgers Business School offers undergraduate students majoring in either Business Analytics and Information Technology (BAIT) or Management Information Systems major (MIS) to combine their bachelor’s degree with the Master of Information Technology and Analytics (MITA) graduate program and earn both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree within 5 years.
Students who enroll in the Business Analytics and Information Technology major (BAIT) in our Undergraduate New Brunswick program or students who enroll in the Management Information Systems major (MIS) in our Undergraduate Newark program have the option to follow an accelerated path to complete the Master of Information Technology and Analytics degree. This opportunity is restricted to BAIT/MIS students who would be able to start the accelerated program in their senior year. Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and a BAIT/MIS major GPA of 3.5 or higher. At least 75 credit hours of undergraduate coursework must be completed before students can apply for admission to the Accelerated MITA program. Typically, students may apply no earlier than the 2nd half of their junior year. Students will be eligible to start the Accelerated MITA program in their senior year after they have been admitted to the MITA program and after completing 90 credit hours of coursework towards their undergraduate degree program.
Students in the Accelerated MITA program will be given the option to substitute up to 6 undergraduate BAIT or MIS credits with 6 MITA graduate credits, in selected MITA courses in their senior year, and have them count towards their BAIT/MIS undergraduate degree as well as the MITA degree. Subject to approval of the MSIS department chair and the MITA program director, the 6 BAIT/MIS credits can come either from MITA graduate electives, or a list of specific courses.
Provided below are some course replacement possibilities:
- 22:544:603 Business Data Management (MITA) may replace 33:136:470 Business Data Management (BAIT) / 29:623:319 Database Management Systems for Business Applications (MIS)
- 22:544:641 Analytics for Business Intelligence (MITA) may replace 33:136:494 Data Mining for Business Intelligence (BAIT) / 29:623:335 Data Warehousing and Data Mining (MIS)
- 22:544:643 Information Security (MITA) may replace 33:136:471 Information System Security (BAIT) / 29:623:345 Cyber Security (MIS)
- 22:544:605 Introduction to Software Development (MITA) may replace 33:136:388 Foundations of Business Programming (BAIT) / 29:623:350 Structured Programming Applications (MIS)
- 22:544:635 NEURL NET & DEEP LRN (MITA) may replace 33:136:494 Data Mining for Business Intelligence (BAIT) / 29:623:335 Data Warehousing and Data Mining (MIS)
Monitoring Student Status
Undergraduate students who have been accepted to the accelerated MITA program prior to the awarding of their undergraduate degree must complete all of their bachelor’s degree requirements and graduate within 12 months of the first day of the semester for which they were admitted to the accelerated MITA program. A student will be considered an undergraduate until all undergraduate degree requirements have been completed counting the 6 graduate credits, at which time the Accelerated MITA program will be activated. During the accelerated MITA degree program, the MITA administrative office monitors the degree requirements and progress of the student.
Prospective students who meet the minimum qualifications need to complete the normal application process for the MITA program. However, you will not need to pay the application fee, submit GRE/GMAT test scores, or submit reference letters. Once admitted, you are considered a student of the Accelerated MITA program.
If you have any questions, please contact us at (973) 353-1234 or email@example.com.