No Classes Currently Scheduled.
For the first time in history, we now have four distinct generations in the workplace: Traditionalists - born before 1945; Baby Boomers – born between 1946 and 1965; Gen X - born between 1965 and 1977; and Millennials – born between 1978 and 1995. In addition, a new generation of employees (Gen 2020, born after 1995) has already started to enter the workforce.
Combine all these generations together and you’re bound to see sparks – in fact, 60% of employers report intergenerational conflict and tensions in their workplace. This in turn can affect worker retention, engagement and productivity.
Our Mini-MBA in Intergenerational Leadership will help you understand what makes these different generations tick. From there you will learn and apply the strategies and tools you need to effectively work with and lead across generations.
- Build your understanding of the different generations, and get hands-on practice to apply the lessons to your own work situation.
- Learn in a rigorous university environment from leading practitioners and academicians with practical experience, as you expand your network of industry experts.
- Earn a program certificate as well as Rutgers Business School credits you can apply toward future educational goals.
- Understand the specific differences among the four generations making up today’s workforce, i.e., who they are, what motivates them, and how to best communicate with them.
- Become more “social-media savvy” and use the latest technologies to build your own personal brand and communicate effectively with different generations.
- Engage and motivate each generation on your team, building high-performing intergenerational teams.
About the Rutgers Mini-MBA
Rutgers Mini-MBA™ programs bring practitioners from different organizations and industries together in a rich and diverse learning environment, designed to develop skills and capabilities through the powerful combination of expert class instruction and peer interaction. Participants can earn a variety of credits and certifications from RBSEE programs, including academic graduate credit from Rutgers Business School.
Instructor of Professional Practice
Dr. Henson is an organization and management consultant with deep expertise and over 30 years of international experience in executive leadership development and global organization development. He currently heads Henson Consulting International, a consulting practice that focuses on helping clients with solutions to identify and develop leaders; engage and retain employees; improve...
- Managers, directors and VPs
- Supervisors and managers with experience managing workers of different generations
- New managers looking for advice and tools on managing different generations (e.g., millennials managing traditionalists)
This program features 35 hours of instructional content divided into 10 parts. Topics covered include:
- Understanding the four generations side-by-side
- Managing conflict and decision-making across the generations
- Coaching and mentoring millennials
- Promoting collaboration, innovation and high performance across generations