Join the Powerhouse
The Rutgers Executive MBA program is a highly competitive program for experienced executive and mid-level managers. Our 20-month, limited-enrollment program is rigorous and demanding, and designed so that you can continue working while pursuing your advanced degree. Each year, at the beginning of the fall semester only, our program accepts an exclusive group of around 60 students.
If you want to broaden your perspective, add depth to your business skills, sharpen your ability to make effective management decisions, and enhance your opportunities for career advancement, acquiring an Executive MBA from Rutgers will give you that advantage.
EMBA applicants must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Have roughly 10 years of full-time employment experience in any discipline
- Demonstrate a potential for success at senior management levels
- Demonstrate the ability and motivation to participate in a rigorous and intensive course of study while employed
- Domestic EMBA applicants, unless retired, must be employed and able to provide a Verification of Employment letter if required.
Experience the Powerhouse
The best way to learn about the Rutgers Executive MBA program is to come and experience it for yourself through an open house. Because our open houses are held during EMBA class days, you experience the Powerhouse first-hand—you’ll sit in on a class, talk to our students and professors and learn more about the application sequence, criteria, and entrance exam waivers.
Application Process Overview
Get started by completing your initial application or calling the Rutgers Executive MBA office.
The following are required for admissions to the Rutgers Executive MBA program:
- Completion of an Initial Application. The purpose of this initial application is to provide you with a timely indication of the likelihood of your acceptance into the Rutgers Executive MBA Program. If you are notified that your basic qualifications make you a good candidate for admission, you will be directed to schedule an interview with EMBA Program Director, Professor Farrokh Langdana. Even if you need to take the GRE or GMAT* exam or are waiting for clearance from work, we recommend that you contact us and secure your seat today.
- Completed Formal Application for Admission and $70 application fee. The form is to be completed only after the interview. Admission to the EMBA program is made on an ongoing basis, so please note that your "place in line" regarding admission is determined by the date of receipt of your fully completed Application for Admission.
- EA, GRE or GMAT* scores (if applicable).
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Official transcripts.
GRE or GMAT Admissions Tests
The GRE/GMAT is waived for all applicants with graduate degrees (Masters, Ph.D., etc.). In cases where the applicant has a significant amount of professional experience, the GMAT/GRE may be waived at the discretion of the program director. This waiver can be discussed with the director during the interview.
Applicants seeking Fall 2019 admission are encouraged to take the Executive Assessment. The Executive Assessment is specifically designed to evaluate the business school readiness of seasoned professionals. The assessment focuses on skills that are critical both at work and in an EMBA program: higher order reasoning, critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving. Because it was designed specifically for experienced professionals, it requires modest preparation, takes only 90 minutes to complete, and includes flexible rescheduling options. The test is administered by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), creators of the GMAT® exam. Learn more about the Executive Assessment by visiting gmac.com/ea.
If you still have questions and would like to speak with someone, please call or e-mail us.
Rutgers University Executive MBA Program
1 Washington Park, Fourth Floor
Newark, NJ 07102
Phone: (973) 353-5015
Phone: (973) 353-1697
Fax: (973) 353-1424
Rutgers University welcomes current and prospective students who are veterans and Reservists. To view resources that are available to you, please click here.